I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed on “The Inevitable Future of Law” by Jacky Wetzels of salesmoves, a legal marketing consulting firm based in Amsterdam. The resulting article covers the gamut of how law firms arrived at where they are today and the inevitable comparisons to global multidisciplinary firms and the Big 4 accounting firms. Dedicated sales departments and sales training are also discussed as becoming more important for law firms to compete in today’s rapidly changing legal industry.
Colin Cameron, CPA, CA
Welcome to my blog. I am a management consultant in Vancouver, Canada providing strategic profit-focused advice to small and midsized law firms. I can help your business realize its true profit potential.
Earn more in less time and achieve all strategic goals!
Give me a call or email to find out more.
Interesting Articles & Info
- "Accounting firm enters business law market" – My comments in the March 14, 2016 issue of Law Times
- "Client cost pressures put the squeeze on mid-tier law firms" – My comments in the February 5, 2014 issue of the Globe & Mail
- "Dentons to start ‘Uber of global referrals network industry’" – My comments in the May 16, 2016 issue of Law Times
- "Dentons, Dacheng law firm deal covers over 6,500 lawyers in 50 countries" – My comments in the January 23, 2015 issue of the Globe & Mail
- "DLA Eyes Canada After Heenan Blaikie Goes Bust" – My comments in the Feb 6, 2014 issue of The American Lawyer
- "How did Heenan Blaikie fall so quickly?" – My comments in the February 10, 2014 issue of Law Times
- "Increasing law firm profitability – what's working and what's not?" – My article published in the June 18, 2012 issue of Canadian Lawyer
- "It's not all about money" – My comments in the July 4, 2016 issue of Canadian Lawyer
- "Partnership unmasked" – My comments in the January 6, 2014 issue of Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- "Planning for Success" – My June 1, 2011 post on Small Firm Innovation
- "When To Expand Your Firm, When To Outsource" – My comments in the September 26, 2018 issue of CBA PracticeLink
- "Win-Win Alternative Fee Arrangements" – My article published in the July/Aug 2012 issue of the ABA Law Practice Magazine
- "Your Financial Dashboard" – Sept/Oct 2013 issue of ABA Law Practice magazine (co-authored with Stephen Mabey)
- A white paper I wrote for Clio on "Realization Rates in Law Firms" – May, 2014
- “Canadian Firm Fasken Bolts on Boutique for Second British Columbia Base” – My comments in the February 15, 2018 issue of The American Lawyer
© Profits for Partners, Management Consulting Inc. 2009-2023 – All Rights Reserved